The Driver Safety Council is driving change.
Grubhub delivery partners are working together to help delivery partners around the country feel safe.
Learn more about the Driver Safety Council, its initiatives and how to apply for membership* here.
*Membership applications are available for active delivery partners only.
Grubhub Safety Partnerships
We’ve partnered with RapidSOS to bring you safety services right on the Driver app—giving you peace of mind every time you deliver. The new safety services within the driver app offer a variety of options to give you the support you need.
We’ve teamed up with Nextbase, the top-rated dash cam company, to add an extra layer of safety to your deliveries. Grubhub delivery partners in select markets can purchase Nextbase dash cam products at a discounted rate.
Driver and Biker Safety Tips
Check out these safety FAQs and resources for drivers and bikers.
- What should I do if there’s an emergency (For example: I got into an accident)?
- How do I share my location with a friend or family member while driving?
- What should I do if I experience an unsafe or threatening incident while performing a delivery?
- What is the policy against discrimination, sexual and other forms of harassment?
- What is the Driver Safety Council?
- How can I stay safe as a city metro biker while making deliveries?
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us at Grubhub. If you’re injured or anyone’s immediate safety is threatened, please reach out to your local emergency services.
If everyone is safe and well but unable to complete an order, navigate to the ‘Account’ section within the Grubhub for Drivers app and select ‘Current Deliveries’ under the ‘Help’ menu.
Some delivery partners may feel safer knowing their friends or family have their location in case of emergency.
On iOS devices, you can share your location through your Messages app and you would need to enable your location sharing on Android devices. For additional support, please visit our help center for step-by-step instructions.
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us at Grubhub. If you’re injured, or anyone’s immediate safety is threatened, please reach out to your local emergency services.
If there is not an immediate safety threat but you can’t fulfill an order, please select There’s a Problem at the bottom of the order and follow the on-screen instructions.
The Driver Safety Council is where Grubhub and Grubhub delivery partners come together to enable feedback, engagement, and continuous improvement on safety-related topics and initiatives. Our aim is to partner with our delivery partners, using their feedback and insights to foster a safer experience for all of our delivery partners.
To ensure all delivery partners who choose to deliver with a bicycle are aware of safe best practices, please review some helpful tips below:
- Cyclists have all the rights and are subject to all of the duties and regulations applicable to drivers of motor vehicles, including:
- Ride in a straight line, obey traffic signs and signals, and do not weave in and out of traffic.
- Look, signal, and look again before changing lanes or making a turn.
- Watch out for car doors.
- Stay visible for both daytime and nighttime riding.
- Use your bell to alert drivers, pedestrians, and other cyclists.
- Wear a helmet.
Please visit here for more information on bike safety in a city metro.